Begin the day nourished - Bircher Muesli
Breakfasts vary from person to person.
Some like breakfast early, some later. Some prefer sweet, some prefer savoury. Some small helpings, some large. As always, the key is to listen to your body.
Through wholefood nourishment and moving towards conscious eating, the answers will come. It may take some time and patience, but it will come.
Ideally, aim to eat breakfast between 8 am to 10 am. Your blood sugars need stabilising after the night’s rest, so leaving it too long will cause them to drop too far – which can result in fatigue, weakness, headaches, brain fog and even, ironically, a severe lack of appetite (due to nausea).
Leaving it too long can also result in reaching for ‘sugar fixes’ and caffeine as the body reacts to boost those blood sugars quickly!
If you have to eat before 8 am due to daily schedule, that's fine too!
Bircher Muesli is a quick and fulfilling breakfast you can make the night before, and you can have a play around with the ingredients - adding things like shredded coconut.
- 1/2 Apple
- 1/2 cup of Rolled Oats
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup of Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup (or date syrup)
- A handful of berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- Grate the apple into a large bowl, discarding the core.
- Add the oats, seeds and almond milk and stir well.
- Add the syrup and berries, if using, and mix again.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight jar, seal and refrigerate overnight. This allows the oats to absorb the milk.
- Remove first thing in the morning, and allow it to return to room temperature.