Sometimes we all need something sweet...
Sometimes we just need to have something sweet.
Quite often a warm almond or coconut milk with a little ground cardamom or cinnamon…or with a drop of doTERRA Cardamom or Cinnamon oil will work a treat.
If chocolate is beckoning then a hot chocolate made with coconut milk, organic cocao, maple syrup and again either ground spices or doTERRA oils.
But at other times, a drink just won’t do! This is a super recipe when the need for some sweet comfort in your tummy beckons.
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 cup Spelt flour (or organic Wholemeal)
- 1/2 cup whole almond roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup St Dalfour Marmalade (St Dalfour brand is made without sugar)
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 drops of doTERRA Wild Orange oil (optional)
- 3 drops of doTERRA Cardamom oil (optional) or 1/4 tsp of Cardamom powder
- Finely grind the cup of almonds (not the chopped 1/2 cup).
- In a big bowl mix all ingredients.
- If using, drop the doTERRA oils in with the olive oil and stir well before adding to the big bowl.
- Form walnut-sized balls of dough and place them on an oiled baking sheet.
- Press each biscuit with a fork to flatten to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake at 400° F or 220° C for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool enough to eat!